It’s time to say goodbye to the old fashion wind speed monitors. Now you don’t need to install hundreds of feet of cable to know the accurate reading before leaving your home. A modern wireless wind speed monitor or an anemometer is a very useful device. It allows you to keep track of the speeds of wind and in some cases directions as well.
There are plenty of options to explore. In fact, there are so many choices that choosing itself becomes a bit too overwhelming. Therefore, I have developed this guide for your assistance so you don’t have to get through the hassle of what to choose and what to leave.
Let’s have a brief look at some of the best wind speed monitors on the market.
BTMETER presents a wind speed monitor that has a display LCD. It displays wind chill, wind temperature, wind speed, and battery life. This portable anemometer shows result with accuracy and measure speed in five units. Those units include ft./min, km/h, mph, m/s, and knots. The temperature of wind is also measured in both Fahrenheit and Celsius units.
- Multi-function pro anemometer
- Great precision meter
- Threaded hole to mount
- Digital and portable anemometer
- Long-lasting battery
- Ideal for drone flying, HVAC and shooting
Great precision meter
BTMETER monitor can measure a specific range of speed and temperature. The range of wind speed is 1.3 to 30 m/s and wind temperature has -10 to 45 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, it is equipped with a sensitive 8-leaves fan and two sensitive sensors. The fan and sensors present the monitor that shows accurate speed and temperature. In addition to that, it helps you to install HVAC, duct ventilation, and CFM calculation.
Digital and portable meter
This digital wind speed monitor is small, lightweight, and easy to use. The small size makes it portable and makes it easy to carry for outdoor activities. Moreover, you can use the wind gauge meter for kite flying, drone driving, shooting, cycling, climbing, boat sailing, and others.
BTMETER wind speed monitor has power auto-off and backlight functions. The automatically power off features enhances the lifespan of the battery. In addition, your purchase comes with high power AAA batteries. This high-quality product can save time and money at the same time.
Threaded hole to mount
The BT100 Pro wind speed monitor has a threaded hole that has placed on the bottom of the meter. It allows you to place it on the tripod for obtaining accurate measurements and results. On the other hand, this feature allows you to continuously monitor the measurements like RC planes, helicopters, shooting, quads, fly drones, and wings.
- BTMETER wind speed monitor monitors the wind speed along with temperature with accuracy.
- A display screen shows the wind temperature, wind speed, wind chill indication, and low battery indication.
- A threaded Hole permits you to fix it on the tripod to acquiring an accurate rating.
- You can use it for multiple outdoor activities such as wing, boat sailing, cycling, shooting and much more.
- The auto power-off feature enhances the lifespan of the battery.
- It has a very dim display, especially under the sunlight.
The HT91 wind speed monitor from URPRO is another one of those mini-sized anemometers that come with backlit LCD. The bright LCD of this device allows you to see all the measurements clearly even in the dark or at night time.
- Memory recall
- Multi-unit modes
- Auto power off
- Backlit display
- Multipurpose use
This is the feature that sets URPRO wind speed monitor apart from its competition. There are not many wind speed monitors that are present on the market that offers these features, particularly in this price range. For this reason, a wind speed monitor from URPRO is among the best device to use for research purposes. The memory recall enables you to record minimum and maximum readings and recall them whenever you want.
This is one of the pretty standard features that all wind speed monitors come with these days. Like all others wind speed monitors, the URPRO allows you to use a different set of SI units to gauge temperature and wind speeds. You won’t need to do any conversions or calculations. Just change the mode according to your requirements or preferences and start measuring.
Auto power off
The auto-power-off feature of this wind speed monitor makes it very useful for you if you are on a long day out. The feature allows the device to conserve battery when you forget to turn it off. The last thing you want to see is your wind speed monitor out of juice when you take it out to gauge the wind speed. This is a standard feature that comes in high-end devices but URPRO provides it to you at the same price.
Due to its compact design and small size, it is ideal for you to carry it around for multiple purposes. You can use it if you are going for boating or sailing. You can also take it with you if you are going hunting or shooting. This device is equally good for rock climbing too. It is an ideal device for you in your HVAC projects as well. So there is so much you can do with this tiny piece in your hand.
- It can provide you with reading in varying units so you don’t have to deal with any conversions or recalculations.
- The compact design enables one-handed operation with ease.
- The auto power-off feature conserves the battery and elongates its life of the operation.
- The memory recall function of this device enables you to record data and recall it whenever you need it.
- The accuracy threshold for a wind speed of this device is +/- 3% and for temperature, it is +/- 2°
- Its menu is a little hard to navigate.
HOLDPEAK designed the lifetime technical-support wind speed monitor that is a full-featured monitor. The wireless Bluetooth connectivity makes it the most popular product on the market. In addition to that, a display screen comes with a backlight that displays wind-chill indication, low-battery indication, automatic and manual power off feature, temperature selection (Fahrenheit or Celsius), and much more.
- Accurate and sensitive measuring
- Connectivity with multi-function App
- The professional and portable monitor
- Wireless Bluetooth meter
- Durable battery
- Great range of applications
Great range of application
The great wind speed monitor is offering a broad variety of applications. It allows you to use it in outdoor and indoor activities for measuring purposes. Moreover, you can use it to monitor the indoor environment, education, facilities management, classroom, and more. On the other hand, outdoor adventurers use it during activities such as hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, sailing, and many others.
Wireless Bluetooth meter
HOLDPEAK wind speed monitor has wireless Bluetooth technology. You can connect this wireless technology meter with an app to monitor real-time wind measurements. Additionally, you can analyze your recorded data with the help of the supported mobile app.
Your purchase comes with a long-lasting battery. The automatic and manually turn off features enhance the lifespan of the battery. Therefore, you are able to turn the monitor on and off according to your requirements.
Professional and Portable monitor
The company presents a professional and portable wind speed monitor. You can also adjust the wind temperature unit as you wish. You can choose Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature regulator. Moreover, the recall and record, current, maximum, and average functions enhance the usability of this monitor.
- You can measure the speed in five units such as km/h, knots, ft/min, m/s, and mph.
- You can use the wireless Bluetooth connectivity with your mobile for acquiring real-time wind measurements and saves the data.
- Equally good for both indoor and outdoor activities such as indoor environment observing, education, facilities management, fishing, hunting, hiking, and more.
- The low-friction bearing technology has used in its construction that gives accurate measurements.
- The quality of the display screen is not good because it flicks from time to time.
This wind speed monitor from BTMETER has a very compact handheld design. The device is capable of gauging the temperature as well it has a clear green colored display that is visible in the night as well. The multipurpose wind speed monitor is equally good for shooting, boating and HVAC purposes. It offers high precision in all its readings with a threshold of +/- 5% and a temperature threshold of +/- 2°C.
- Highly accurate
- Multimode display
- Multipurpose use
- Compact design with clear display
One of the top features of this digital wind speed monitor is that it provides you with highly accurate readings. This device provides you with a reading accuracy threshold of +/- 5%. The device can easily measure the wind speed between 0.3 m/s and 30 m/s. In addition to that it can also gauge temperature between -10°C and 45°C with +/- 2°C threshold.
The wind speed monitor comes with a multi-mode display. This means that you can alter the display according to your needs and preferences. It can easily show different units and can provide you with real-time data with high accuracy. You don’t have to calculate or do any conversions. Just set the mode and start gauging the wind.
The multipurpose feature of this wind speed monitor allows you to use it for various outdoor activities. This wind speed monitor is excellent for shooting, boating, mountain climbing, and even drone flying. In addition to that, you can also use it if you are an HVAC handyman. The device is equally good for aerial surveys and research purposes.
The compact design of this wind speed monitor allows you to easily hold it in your one hand and do all the tests that you want. Moreover, it has a very high-quality build as well which ensures that these devices are going to last for a long time and deliver plenty of value for your investment.
- The wind speed monitor BT816B from BTMETER offers you with a good accuracy threshold of +/- 5% for wind speed and +/- 2°C for temperature.
- This wind speed monitor offers multipurpose usage and is equally effective for boating, shooting, drone flying, and various HVAC purposes.
- BTMETER also provides you with a 60-day money-back guarantee which ensures your peace of mind.
- The device has a crystal clear display that is very much visible in the dark too.
- The compact design allows you to use it with one hand.
- It does tend to consume batteries pretty fast with the passage of time.
It turns out that the wind speed monitor BT-100 from BTMETER is the best of a lot. This multipurpose device is a good option for you if you are a hunter or a drone flyer. It is equally practical for you to use as an HVAC handyman. It can accurately measure the wind speeds and can also provide you with the current temperature of the wind.
I hope that you have found these reviews useful. Which one of these have you tried before? Do you think that I have missed your favorite wind speed monitor here? If so then leave a comment below.
Time to catch the wind!